... these are the thoughts and updates on my life as I begin my 27 month service as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Nicaragua in the health sector, "Estilo de la vida saluable.." This is for my family, closest friends, anyone interested in the Peace Corps, or anyone interested in Nicaragua really. Enjoy!

Monday, January 9, 2012

...chilling at the Holiday Inn

..is exactly what I'm doing right now. After an hour long battle with the TomTom in DC traffic, the Schafer crew made it to the Holiday Inn of Arlington, VA. Hooray!

We left Cape Cod bright and early this morning, I was sad to see it go but super excited to see my Aunt Anne, and cousins Sean, Rebecca, Dillon, and Celia. I hadn't been on the Cape in about 5 years, and man, have my little cousins Dillon (11) and Celia (8) grown since then. Dillon and I are about the same height, totally not cool. I just tried to upload a picture of a beautiful sunset over Martha's Vineyard but I failed.. So I'll leave it on that. I have some last important phone calls to make while I've still got a US cell phone, some final packing to do, and then I'll attempt to get a solid night's rest for tomorrow. I'm doing a birthday brunch with the fam, followed by an 8 hour orientation where I'll meet the approx. 20 other Peace Corps Volunteers that will be headed down to Nicaragua with me on Wednesday. Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment